How to Download and Install Migration Manager Student Version
Please read ALL of these instructions. Important information is contained all the way through.
Before you Begin
Before you can use Migration Manager you need to download and install it. If you are a Student currently studying a MARA approved course you can download the Student Version of Migration Manager by following the steps outlined below.
Before you install Migration Manager please make sure that you have the following installed on your computer:
- Windows 10
- Office 2016 or above or Office 365. You need to have Word, Excel and Outlook installed
- Adobe Reader (version XI or higher);
- Google Chrome internet browser.
If you do not have the prerequisites installed Migration Manager will not functional properly. If your computer meets these Minimum System Requirements please following the below steps:
1. Download the Installer
To download the Student Version, first go to http://mmcpd.link/StudentDownloadLink
Next you will need to choose which Windows version of Migration Manager to download. If you are not sure whether your computer is 32bit or 64bit, please have a quick read of this article to find out how to determine what type of Windows you have installed: Click to Read. If you are still not sure, go with the 32bit version as it will work in either environment.
2. Run the Installer
Once the installer has finished downloading, double click to start the installation. Note that if you are using Google Chrome, you should see the downloaded file in the bottom right hand corner of your browser.
3. Accept the Terms and Conditions
Once the installer opens you need to accept the Terms and Conditions before the installation can commence. Once you have accepted, click Next to proceed.
4. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements
The installer will now check to see if your system meets the minimum system requirements. If your system does not meet the necessary requirements you will need to install the missing software before you can proceed. If there are no issues, click Next to proceed.
5. Select the location where you want to install Migration Manager Student Version
It is generally recommended that you use the default location. Click Install when you are ready to proceed.
6. Allow the UAC prompt
If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes to allow the installation to proceed.
7. The installation will now take place
8. Installation Complete
If the installation has been successful, you will see the Installation Complete page. Click Close to finish the installation and open Migration Manager Training Version
9. Software Activation
When the Migration Manager Student Version opens for the first time you will need to activate the software.
10. Insert your details
When recording your details make sure that you:
(a) Insert your current Student Number or MARN. Note that your ability to use the Student Version of Migration is dependent on you providing a valid and current Student Number and Student Email Address or have a MARN registered during the current year (and be attending the Practice Ready Progra);
(b) Correctly record your email address. If you are a student, you must use your University supplied Student Email Address (being an email address that ends in edu.au). Your Activation Code is sent to your email address;
(c) Record your expected graduation date. This affects how long your activation code is valid for (limits apply).
11. Click 'Get Activation Code'
12. The Activation Code will be sent to you by Email
13. Insert your Activation Code and click Activate
14. Accept the End User Agreement
To finalise the Activation you need to agree to the End User Agreement.
15. Migration Manager has now been installed and activated on this computer
16. Migration Manager is now Activated and ready for use. You will now be asked to set up the first User.
When you first start using Migration Manager you need to create the first User. The first User added to Migration Manager should be an RMA (for Students the Student will be assumed to be an RMA). When you are creating the first User you will also be asked to insert details of the business. For the Student Version you can record what ever details you want for the Business.
17. You are now using Migration Manager's Student Version
You are now using Migration Manager's Student Version. Before you go any further, to help you gain the most out of your training it is recommended that review our Things to Do First guide:
18. Important things to Note
The Migration Manager Student Version software is the same as the currently publicly released version of Migration Manager. However it is important to note the following:
- Once activated, the Student Version licence will last for 6 months. After 6 months you will need to purchase a full licence in order to continue using the program.
- The Student Version will include some basic document templates and a couple of forms so that you can practice various procedures. If you want to download more Forms you will need your own Legendcom password details.
- The Portal and eLodge modules are not available in the Student version.
- Progress Item Templates are not supplied in the Student Version, however you can create your own.
- You can create a maximum of 15 Matters in the Student Version.
- The Student Version will generally not include Beta or unreleased features - even though these features may be demonstrated during a seminar.