How to edit a Web Questionnaire Message Template
When a user sends a Web Questionnaire to a Client from Migration Manager, a Portal Message is generated that accompanies the Questionnaire. This article covers how to edit the Web Questionnaire message templates.
Web Questionnaires are available as of Migration Manager version 8.7.1. Not all Questionnaire types shown in this article are available to all users as at the time of publication.
1. Open the System Preferences
First, go to Tools > Administrative > Preferences in the top toolbar.
2. Open the Web Questionnaire Message Settings
Once the Preferences window has opened, navigate to the Questionnaires tab and then go to the Questionnaire Portal Message Settings tab.
In the Questionnaire Portal Message Settings window there are two sections:
- The Message Templates. In this section you can create and edit the content of the template;
- Select the Message to use for each Questionnaire. In this section you can assign a particular template for use with a particular Questionnaire.
3. Select the Template to Edit
If you want to edit a template, this is done from the Questionnaire Message Templates section. First select the template that you want to edit and then click Edit
The Message template editor will now appear.
4. Edit the Template
You can edit the template by typing/modifying the content in the available fields:
- Title: the Title for the template so that you can identify it when adding as a default for a template.
- Subject Line: The Subject Line will be what appears in the Subject line of the message that is generated
- Message Body: The Message Body contains content that you want to have appear when the message is generated.
Tip: add the merge fields from the field selector on the left to have dynamic fields in your message that will be populated based on the data in the matter. To add click the > button.
5. Click Save & Close
To finish editing your template, click Save & Close.
6. Save & Exit
To finish, click Save & Exit. This will save the preference change.