Snapshot - Documents Option
Taking the Document Inbox option from the Snapshot window will show you:
Emails and their Attachments which have been allocated to a Matter that you are responsible for.
* This depends on your System Preferences
* Also depends on your user's own Email Capture Preferences.
- Portal Messages and Documents that have arrived for a Matter you are responsible for (Depending on your preferences).
- Online Questionnaires that have arrived for a Matter you are responsible for.
- Filenotes that have been sent to you by another user.
These documents will appear in the Inbox column and can be Triaged by moving them to the To Do Now and To Do Later columns.
The Document Inbox window options:
- Show. Allows you to choose which File Types to display (example “only emails”, “only Portal Messages” etc).
- Sort. You can sort by Date, Reverse Date or Client.
- Search. Allows you to search for a Client ID, Name or Description.
- Gives you the option on including all items other than Completed/Rejected, or you can filter by particular Statuses (example. “In Progress”, “To be Reviewed”).
- My Files Only. To only show Documents where you are the RMA, Manager or Clerk.
- My Responsibility. To only show Documents that has been marked as your responsibility.
- From and To date range.
Using the Document Inbox
When Documents arrive in the Inbox, you can prioritise them by dragging an item to either the To Do Now or To Do Later column.
Options for Documents
Right clicking on a document will give you options on processing the Document
- Preview. Opens the document in a Preview window.
- Edit. Opens the document in a Preview window, but also allows you to edit the item such as changing the Document title etc.
- Mark as Complete. Once you have confirmed the document is correct and the task is complete, you can mark the item as complete which will updates the status of the item on the Matter to Complete and remove it from the Document Inbox.
- Remove from Inbox. Removes from the Document Inbox without updating the Status on the Matter.
- Change Status. Change the Status of an item on the Matter (example. Complete, Awaiting Information, With RMA etc)
- Add to To Do Now / Add to To Do Later. Moves the item to the To Do Now or To Do Later columns.
- Send To (RMA, Manager, Clerk). Send this item to the selected Person’s Document Inbox.
- Sent To Other. Allows you to send this item to another staff member who is not the RMA, Manager or Clerk.
- Open Matter. Opens the Matter that relates to that particular document.
- Set as Active Matter. Set the Matter as Active, but do not open the Matter Window.
- Open Document. Opens the document for you.
- Copy Document. Allows you to copy the document to another location on your machine.
- Move Document. Allows you to move the document to a different Matter.
- Reject Portal Document. If the document is a Portal Document, you can choose to reject the document (for example if the Quality is bad or the wrong document has been sent). Further details below.
Rejecting a Portal Document
If a document is of poor quality or the wrong document, you can reject the document and send the document task back to the customer to correct. You have the options:
- Reject Portal Document. This will reject the document and give you a message window to explain why the document is rejected and what is needed
- Reject Portal Document and Notify Client by Email. This will reject the document and give the same message window as above, but will also send an email notifying the customer that attention is needed on the Portal. The notification is set in preferences.
- Reject Portal Document and Notify Client by SMS. This will reject the document and give the same message window as above, but will also send an SMS notifying the customer that attention is needed on the Portal. The notification is set in preferences.
After selecting one of the above Rejection options, you will be asked to confirm. Click Yes.
Complete the new instructions you would like for this task, then click OK.
The Document will be rejected on the Client's Portal with the message you entered.
The Rejected Document will be removed from your Document Inbox.
Note: The rejcted document will still remain on the Documents tab of the Matter, however will have '(Rejected)' added to the Document's name.