How to link a Migrant and Family Sponsor
When a migrant is applying for a family visa (Partner, Parent Child visa etc), the Migrant Matter needs to be linked to a Sponsor Matter.
Note: The vast majority of work (Form Merging, eLodge, Letter Merge) will still completed via the Migrant Matter even though the Family Sponsor Matter exists.
1. Open the Migrant Matter
Click the Open button.
3. Link the Family Sponsor
1. Click the Add button at the bottom right of the Relations Grid.
2. The next screen will show you a list of previously recorded people on the Matter. (if they are not listed, then they don’t exist on the Matter yet so go to step 3.3). Otherwise select the Person by ticking the Add box and select how this person is related. Then click Apply.
3. The Person is now listed as a Relative of the Primary Applicant. Continue with step 3.2 to link the Family Sponsorship.
1. Select the Row where the Sponsor person appears, then tick the box “This person is the Family Sponsor”.
2. Confirm the person is the Family Sponsor by clicking “Yes”.
3. Choose to Select an Existing or Create new Family Sponsor Matter
If you have already created a Family Sponsor Matter:
- Select “Choose Existing Family Sponsor File”.
- Select the Matter in the grid.
- Then click Select Existing Family Sponsor.
If you have not yet created a Family Sponsor Matter
- Select “Create New Family Sponsor File details”.
- Confirm the personal details.
- Then click “Create New Family Sponsor”.
4. Confirm by clicking YES.
1. Click the Add button at the bottom left of the Relations Grid
2. Select “Other Non-Migrating Person” and complete their personal details
3. Tick the “Family Sponsor” box and choose which Family Sponsor Matter to link to
- If you have not yet created a Family Sponsor Matter, then select “Create New Family Sponsor File” (1)
- If you have already created a Family Sponsor Matter, then select “Choose Existing Family Sponsor File”, then select the Matter from the drop down. (2)
4. Click Apply.