Scan Document - How to Scan a Document for a Matter
Migration Manager includes the functionality to Scan Documents for your Matter Matter. These files are then saved within the Documents tab so they can be stored, emailed to the client or sent to the client's Portal.
Like most Software, Migration Manager needs a TWAIN driver to be able to communicate with your Scanner. This software usually comes with your Printer. The easiest way to confirm if you have your Printer TWAIN software installed is to open Paint (which comes with Windows).
1. Confirm your PC has your Printer TWAIN software installed
1. From your Windows Search, type the word Paint, then select the Program Paint.
2. From inside Paint, click File.
3. The option for 'From Scanner or Camera' should be available and you should be able to scan a document from your scanner into Paint.
- If you can, then you will be able to scan from Migration Manager.
- If the option is greyed out, or you cannot scan, then contact your local IT support to get the Scanner working for your PC.
Note: Migration Manager Technical Support does not support printer driver or TWAIN driver installation. This needs to be performed by your local IT Support.
2. Scan from the Toolbar.
- Open the Matter you wish to scan to.
- From the Main Toolbar, click Tools => Scan Document.
- Then continue with Step 4. 'Complete the Scanner Settings'.
3. Scan from the Matter.
4. Complete the Scanner Settings.
- Select your TWAIN Data Source (your Scanner).
- Select the File Format you would like the Scan saved as.
- Select where to save the Scan to (usually this would be the Matter you have open).
- Select which Subfolder of the Matter you would like the Scan saved to.
- Type the Document Name you would like the Document saved as.
- Click Acquire.
5. Choose your Scan options.
Depending on your Printer Software, you will usually be asked details about the Scan (your window may appear differently). In the below example, we are asked:
- Which tray/source the Scanned paper will come from.
- If the Scan will be colour or black and white.
- The paper size.
- Then click Scan.