How to send and request multiple documents in one Message
The Encrypted Portal Messaging system allows Migration Manager users to send multiple documents to a client, whilst also creating a request for multiple items to appear in the Portal section "Documents Requested from your Agent".
1. Open the Documents tab
To send items via the Encrypted Messenger, first go to the Documents tab of the relevant matter and set the view to Flat View - this will show you a list of all of the documents across all of the folders.
2. Select the Documents, Right Click and select Upload to Portal
Select the documents that you want to send via messenger and click Upload to Portal.
The Portal Messaging window will now appear along with a list of the items you have selected to send.
Tip: You can add additional documents to the message by dragging and dropping them on to the Attachments section of the message.
3. Add Message details
To send the message to your Client with the attached documents, give the Message a subject and insert any relevant instructions in the body of the message.
Note: You do not have to add any content to the body of the message.
4. Request Multiple Documents from Client
When you send a message to a client, you can also request multiple documents back from the client which will then appear in the Documents Required by your Agent section in the Portal. These requests will be linked to items in the Progress tab for this matter. To find the relevant items in the Progress list that you wish to link to you can:
- Use the dropdown list which will show a list of all documents/forms currently show on this matters Progress tab; or
- Use the + button to create a new document/form entry on the Progress tab for this matter.
Next tick each item that you want to request.
Note: To remove an item from the list of documents, either untick it or click the x next to each item.
5. Mark a Progress Item as Complete
This option allows you to also to mark a task on the Progress tab for this matter as having been completed. To find the relevant item in the Progress list that you wish to mark as complete you can:
- Use the dropdown list which will show a list of all tasks currently show on this matters Progress tab; or
- Use the + button to create a new task entry on the Progress tab for this matter.
6. Notify Client that New Documents are Available
Selecting this option will generate an Email to the client to notify them that you have uploaded a document to the Secure Client Portal for them to review.
7. Click Send Message
To finish, click the Send Message button.
The documents will now be upload to the Secure Client Portal via encrypted message.
8. Progress List
The Progress list will now show details of what has been requested