Starting, Stopping, Editing, Deleting and Merging Timesheet Entries
The Time Sheet allows you to record the activities you have performed on a matter and the time spent on those activities. Once you have added to the Time Sheet,, you have a number of options availbe to you.
1. Starting and Stopping Timesheet Entries
To Start or Stop a Timesheet Entry that has been added to the Time Sheet, click the Start or Stop buttons.
2. Editing Timesheet Entries
Timesheet entries can be edited by opening the timesheet and typing directly into the grid.
Note that if the timer is currently running, the start time, time units and elapsed time for the running entry can't be edited until you have stopped the timer.
Also note that the Fee Type can only be changed by selecting a Fee Code with a different fee type. For time entries where the Fee Type is Hourly, the Hrs/Qty cannot be edited directly as it is calulated automatically from the elapsed time.
Values that can't currently be edited are shown in grey. Values that can be edited are shown in black.
3. Deleting Timesheet Entries
To delete a timesheet entry:
- Select the the entry you want to delete
- Stop the Timer if it is currently running (see instructions above)
- Click on the row you want to delete and click the - button, or right click on the row you want to delete and select Delete.
3.2. Stop the Timer
Before editing/deleting any time entry, it is recommended that you first stop the Timer by clicking the Stop button.
4. Merging Time Sheet Entries
If you work on a matter a number of times during the day, you will often end up with multiple timesheet entries for the same matter. If you have more than one entry for the same matter and these entries should all be billed with the same billing description, you can merge them into a single timesheet entry.
Note if you are merging entries that use an Hourly rate or User rate, the elapsed time will be added and the total elapsed time will be used to calculate the number of time units and the quantity. If you are merging entries that use a flat rate, the elapsed time will be added and the total elapsed time will be used to calculate the number of time units. However in this case, the quantity is not dependent on the elapsed time so the quantity from the first selected row will be used .
4.1. Select the Entries you want to Merge
Using your Ctrl key on your keyboard, use your mouse to select the entries you want to merge.
Note that the rows can only be merged if:
- They all have the same matter ID (or some of them have the same matter ID and the others have no matter ID)
- They all have the same fee code (or some of them have the same fee code and the others have no fee code)
- They all have the same billing description (or some of them have the same billing description and the others have no billing description)
- None of them have been invoiced