Microsoft Outlook warning each time Email Capture is performed
When you run Migration Manager's Email Capture tool, you may encounter a pop up notification from Outlook asking for you to authorise Migration Manager's temporary access to Outlook. The reason for this message is because Windows/Outlook is not finding a “valid” (or what it thinks is a valid) virus shield on this computer, so will show this message any time a program interacts with Outlook.
There are three ways of dealing with this pop up message:
- Continue to click 'Allow' each and every time (not recommended); or
- Install a valid and up to date anti virus program on this computer (highly recommended in any event); or
- Adjust your email capture settings to block this message. Depending on your version of Outlook, the Redemption Security setting in Email Capture maybe able to block this message. Refer to the Understanding the User Email Settings guide.
- Turn off the notifcation for 'programatic access'.
For instructions on how to perform option 4 and turn off the notification, read below.
- Click on the Windows button.
- Find the Outlook icon and right click on it.
- Select More.
- Select Run as Administrator.
Once the Outlook Options window opens, go to the Trust Centre and click 'Trust Centre Settings'.
When the Trust Centre window opens, click Programmatic Access and then click 'Never warn me about suspicious activity'. Then Click OK.