Batch Data Import Errors with .xls or .xlsx files
Batch Data Import can import both .xls and .xlsx files. However depending on the version of Office you are running, Microsoft recently released an update that caused their Driver to fail with xls files. If this is the case, then we suggest using .xlsx type files.
However if you also have troubles with .xlsx files, then follow the below process to resolve.
1. When you try to Batch Data Import a file type of .xlsx, you may receive the following error if your PC is missing a Windows Component:
2. Find the version of Outlook on your PC
- Open Outlook. Then click on File
- Select Office Account, then About Outlook. Look to see if your version is 32-bit or 64-bit
3. Download the driver from Microsoft
Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255, then click the red Download button.
4. Select the correct Driver
- If you are running Office 32 bit, then select AccessDatabaseEngine.exe
- If you are running Office 64 bit, then select AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe
Then click Next.